Value-oriented, research-driven investing
Blume Capital invests clients’ assets with a disciplined, value-oriented investment approach to create and preserve wealth. We build diversified portfolios comprised of high quality securities trading at a discount to intrinsic value and seek to hold them over a multi-year horizon. Our consistent investment philosophy is built on a foundation of rigorous research.
Our goal is to provide superior risk-adjusted returns for our clients while minimizing downside risk. We adhere to time tested principles of successful investing. We also recognize that investing is an emotionally taxing endeavor and this fact is perhaps the greatest impediment to investing success.
We help our clients reach their financial goals by:
- Maintaining a long-term perspective. Successful investing requires patience, steadiness, and perseverance.
- Adhering to a disciplined investment process. Process is critical in preventing poor decisions driven by emotion during periods of market turbulence.
- Remaining steadfast. Risk, properly understood, is a permanent loss of capital, not fluctuating stock prices.
- Thinking independently. Superior performance is rarely achieved by following the crowd.
- Diversifying investments. Sensible asset allocation strategies significantly reduce risk in a portfolio.
- Always being mindful of transaction fees and taxes. Costs matter.
Bringing order to your financial life and helping you make informed decisions
Our work with you is built on a foundation of comprehensive financial planning which is aligned with your goals and priorities. We begin with a gradual, stepping-stone process to develop a comprehensive understanding of your current financial situation and longer-term goals.
We ask questions to help you clearly and concretely articulate your financial goals. Often, simply engaging with a financial advisor to share your wide-ranging financial picture can be daunting. We’re sensitive to these hurdles and tailor our approach to meet your unique needs.
We are skilled at drawing out and helping to identify critical planning issues so that we can mutually develop an accurate understanding of your concerns and objectives. And over time as your life, goals, and priorities evolve, we’ll update and refine your financial plan.
We work with our clients and provide guidance for:
Getting Started with Us
Working with Blume Capital starts with an in-depth discovery process to uncover what matters most to you.
Though its proper role should be to provide security, we recognize that money can often be a source of anxiety. We devote the time and attention necessary to address your concerns and develop a comprehensive understanding of your life and financial situation.
We are committed to establishing and maintaining open communication and enduring relationships built on trust and mutual respect.
Our process begins with in-person meetings and progresses through four distinct phases:
- Meet with our principals to develop a comprehensive understanding of your goals and objectives.
- Perform a thorough review of your current financial position.
- Create an investment plan that addresses your goals and tolerance for risk.
- Formulate a coordinated estate, tax, and financial planning strategy.
- Invest assets per our agreed-upon plan and in conjunction with your estate and tax planning strategies.
- Review your portfolio regularly and update you quarterly on our investing outlook.
4. Ongoing Communication and Evaluation:
- Meet to review your investment portfolio and progress towards your financials goals.
- Maintain an ongoing dialogue regarding any personal changes in your life, along with updating you on your investments, progress toward your goals, and our outlook on the investment environment.
Please Note: Blume Capital will coordinate closely with your outside advisors; we do not serve as an accountant, attorney, or insurance agent. Blume Capital does not prepare tax returns, estate-planning documents, or sell insurance products.